What’s Video Interpretation?
Also known as Video Remote Interpreting (VRI), with Video Interpretation you can have a virtual meeting with the help of an interpreter. Lexikeet has its own video platform especially designed to perform communication among interpreters, parents, and schools, where facial expression can be critical to understanding the full context of the conversation.
Unique Features for Unique Educators
Features of Lexikeet’s video platform include screen sharing, dial-in calls, and chat. You can schedule a meeting in just a few clicks and invite as many people as you want.
Lexikeet’s video platform is the only virtual meeting tool on the market that offers live technical support, to make sure everything is working during your meeting. Schools using Lexikeet’s video interpretation services have dramatically reduced cancellations and no-shows.
Calls can be scheduled online and appointments are available 24/7.
What Makes Lexikeet’s Video Interpretation Special?
- Interpretation services available by appointment in over 100 languages
- Lexikeet provides interpreters specializing in language used for educational, medical, and legal settings
- HIPAA and FERPA compliance
- Lexikeet is mindful of cultural sensitivity, allowing interpreters to be chosen based on the school or family’s preference
- Lexikeet enables 3-way (and more) calls with an interpreter on the line.
- Live technical support for video calls
- Ability to accommodate other platforms as requested (e.g. Zoom, Teams, Google Meet)
- On-Demand interpretation available for select languages
- On-demand interpretation is available as streaming video or audio over the phone
- Lexikeet also offers Simultaneous Interpretation for large conferences or community live streams, with no limit on the number of languages or attendees
Contact us to learn more!
Video Interpretation Case Study – IEP Meetings with Specially Trained Interpreters
One MA Educational Collaborative was having trouble securing interpreters, especially for more difficult-to-find languages for their Special Education meetings. They began using Lexikeet for student’s IEP, 504, and progress report meetings and found that they: (1) saved money with our per minute pricing structure and low minimums, and (2) saved time because Lexikeet’s interpreters specialized in educational interpretation.
When you have interpreters who, right off the bat, understand what phonemic awareness, ADHD, and co-teaching mean, your meetings are much more efficient, and parents leave with a deeper understanding and the ability to ask informed questions.
Services Especially for School Districts
Schedule meetings with your ELs and their families, all with the click of a button! IEP, 504, SPED meetings & more! Lexikeet is HIPAA & FERPA compliant.
Stay Compliant With State & Federal Regulations
Lexikeet enables schools to meet and exceed State and Federal Mandates to provide language services to ELs.
Stretch Your School's Budget
Lexikeet's competitive pricing and unique document templating allows school districts to save money on translations!
“I am thrilled with Lexikeet – parents are more actively engaged in team meetings and leave with a better understanding of the discussion and next steps for their child.”
– School Social Worker
Let's Talk about your Language Needs!
Connect with one of our experts!